Monday, February 2, 2009

Punxsutawney Phil is a punk...

This is not what I wanted to hear this morning:



How dare he? Couldn't he just lie and tell everyone that he didn't see his shadow? What would it hurt? I know that we don't have much of a winter in Mississippi, but I have had enough--thank you very much. I think it should be cold through the holiday season, and then we should cruise into spring.

At least January is over. I absolutely, positively, hate January. Most people who know me pretty well have heard me grouch about it. No offense to all of you lovely people who were born in the first month of the year. My mother and mother-in-law are both members of the New Year's club, and I have several friends who were also born in this month. My aversion to all things post-holiday has nothing to do with them. It's just such a...drag. Even our priest talked about how she celebrates January's exit. I couldn't agree with her more. February is a little closer to warmer weather months, and March in Jackson usually equals budding flowers and trees. So, sayonara, January! I can't say I'm sad to see you go.

1 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

i was highly disappointed myself. hurry up spring!!!!