Thursday, January 29, 2009

I might have mom hair...

When I had Sam 8 months ago, I swore that just because I had a kid I would not "let myself go." I would still bathe, wear make-up, and generally keep up my appearance. I didn't want to fall prey to the mommy wardrobe, hairstyle, etc. You know how it is if you stay at home; it's just so EASY to slap on a t-shirt and yoga pants. I mean, no one sees me all day except for Sam, my husband, and occasionally the mailman. One day you get up and think, "I'll just let my hair dry on its own." The next day it's "At least I showered." Then everything just goes downhill. It's a slippery slope, I tell ya.


An example of mom hair

Anyway, I have had panic-attacks thinking about mom haircuts. There are many, many people out there that can rock a mommy hairdo, but I'm afraid I'm not one of them. However, I've been really bored with my coiffure. It's pretty much looked the same since college with the exception of some layers and some bangs. I wanted something a little shorter--nothing crazy--something chic and fun. So, I took the plunge, and let's just say that some tears were shed on my part. I held it together long enough to tell my hairstylist that I "loved it" and bolt from the salon. I'm hoping that things will calm down a little more when I style it myself tomorrow, but I can't make any promises.

At least my husband is a good liar.

(Please don't think I'm mean for posting this random lady's picture. I searched Google images for "mom hair," and she popped up. Blame the search engine.)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, im sure it is cute!!! and the good thing - it will grow!
im wanting to grow mine back out too....
some days i dig it - others, not so much.

The Segrest Family said...

oops - i was signed in as chad... sorry !

Katie said...

You are so funny! I love that you googled "mom hair!" Also, I have never heard the word coiffure. So, you taught me something today! Thanks :) P.S. You are so beautiful that your hair is secondary. I am sure it is cute as can be.

The Bonds Family said...

Ha! Ha! Oh my goodness, you're too funny! I'm sure your as beautiful as ever and it takes some time to adjust to a new hairstyle. However, I know exactly what you mean about the stay at home mom look. I have not worn make up yet this week and it's FRIDAY!!! By the way, love your new header.

The Trustys said...

Ok - reading your blog is now one of my favorite things to do. You have a way with words my dear. I am 100% positive your hair is not as bad as you are making it out to be. You can rock it, girl.

Poor Internet "mom hair" girl...