Friday, February 6, 2009

We're going to have to rethink tail-gating next year...

For years our group of friends has tail-gated together in the Junction at MSU. I'm thinking that location is going to have to change next year. Because 2008 marked the birth of quite a few babies, (and I think there are still more bambinos on the way) I feel pretty sure that we're going to have to rethink our pre-game celebrations. Being in the middle of all the drunken college kids is great for entertainment, but it's not so cool when they play football in the middle of your tent, and then proceed to fall into your McCarty platter that is still full of yet-to-be-eaten cupcakes. (It was a travsesty. I was NOT happy.) I don't won't to be completely out of the action...I'm not that old, but I do want to be sure that Sam, Mitchell, Sawyer, and all the rest of the new arrivals will have a safe place to eat dirt together. Yet another way that our lives have changed.

Sam hung out with sweet Sawyer Pettit yesterday, and I actually have pics to prove it. Be proud of me--I'm getting better at remembering to take pictures. These two are destined to spend a lot of birthdays together. They were born a day and half apart and hung out together in the hospital nursery. They have literally "known" each other since birth.



Sawyer and Sam







Sawyer taking a little batting practice

Also, if the above pictures aren't evidence enough, the following snaps should be. Sam is turning into a complete and total ham. When the camera is out, he is grinning from ear to ear. He loves to be the center of attention. Kind of like someone else you may know...






Look familiar? Yes, I know that my child is a clone of his father.

1 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

this is awesome! he does love the camera! i was thinking that in the first three pictures, then kept reading... and you mentioned it!
he is a doll...

ps- love that pic of anthony - circa 1978?