Sunday, August 24, 2008

Is anybody else's husband "deaf"?

So we're in the process of getting Sam to sleep through the night. For some reason our 18lb. 3-month-old (yes, you read correctly--18lbs) still thinks he needs to snack during the night. I know, I know...we're getting very close to letting him cry it out. Anyway, during the week, I handle all the middle of the night and early morning feedings. It's only fair--Anthony has to go to work. However, I really look forward to the weekends so that I can get a little relief from my better half. Picture this...we had our friends, Tara and Clay Holder stay with us this Saturday night. Tara is 26 wks. pregnant. In an effort to avoid terrifying them, I told Anthony that since he was in charge of weekend feedings, he would need to snag Sam before he went into a full-on, middle-of-the-night, why-aren't-you-people-feeding-me-meltdown. Anthony responded, "I'll try." (What does that mean, anyway? Does he "try" to go to MSU football games? Something here doesn't add up...) Sure enough, Sambo decides he's ready for a 1:00 snack. I nudge; I call his name...nothing. The husband doesn't move. I very sweetly (pick up on sarcasm here) stomp out of the room to get the sweet babe and feed him. Back into the crib he goes. 5:00 rolls round...Anthony doesn't hear him, AGAIN. Needless to say, I was not very sweet to my husband this morning.

I don't think he'll have a hearing problem next weekend.

3 comments:

McCarra Family said...

That is too funny! I have a deaf husband as well...but he was deaf way before Hayes was born. I think Sam is just precious. Let's get the babies together soon!!! I stole the Look-A-Like Meter from your blog...that is too cute.

The Segrest Family said...

yes.
deaf husband here too!!!

Gracie said...

I am laughing out loud as I read this!! I read it to Bailey...maybe he can learn not to be deaf too. I doubt it though. I can so see him doing this.