Tuesday, August 12, 2008

If you haven't heard, we've got a big kid...

When Sam was born, he weighed 10 lbs. 3 oz. and was 21 1/2 inches long. At his 2 month check-up, he weighed a whopping 16.6 and was 24 inches long. I have no idea what he weighs now, but my aching back tells me it's more than 16.6. Because of his large size, he has lots and lots of nicknames. (Hulk, Fatman, etc.--we're hoping he doesn't get a complex.) However, the comment that we continue to get is that he looks like a little sumo wrestler. Some of you might think we would be offended, but since we agree, it's kind of hard to blame people. I'll let you be the judge...


At birth, a real sumo wrestler, (obviously) and almost 3 months
Will sumo wrestling pay for college tuition? I don't think it's popular in the SEC.


1 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

i just laughed out loud! that picture of the real sumo wrestler is hilarious. and im also laughing b/c camp was almost exactly the same stats when he was born! i called him my little sumo baby. (he weighed 10.2 - so sam outweighs him by .1 ounce) =)
they were the same length though -
funny thing is, nash only weighed 8.6? i mean, normally, that is a 'big' baby, but i thought he looked like a little string bean peanut!
Sam is so handsome - i love his little smile -
once again, i have to say, im happy you are now in the blogging world - you make me laugh