Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Mom Purse...

You know that scene in One Fine Day where Michelle Pfeiffer's character saves the day by whipping out her mom purse? At the time I thought that the scene was such a ridiculous exaggeration. I know better now. I was searching for my keys today, and I had trouble finding them...because they were buried in the bottom of a humongous tote that resembles Santa's gift sack more than a lady's handbag.

The contents: 1 wallet, 1 travel wipes case, 1 diaper, 1 Capri Sun, 1 bag of Pepperidge Farm Goldfish, 1 calendar, 3 lipsticks/glosses, 1 toy car, 2 children's books, 1 coupon organizer, 2 rubber bands, 4 bobby pins, 1 bracelet, 1 compact, 1 pack of gum, 1 bottle of perfume, 1 comb, and a cell phone.

I think I need an intervention.

3 comments:

The Bonds Family said...

I'm with you on this! Isn't it funny how your purse triples in size and doubles as a diaper bag when you become a MOM?!?!?

Laura @ Our Messy Messy Life said...

Love it!! I need to post my inventory.

mary straton said...

I would totally carry goldfish in my purse, even sans kids. i love those cheesy little nuggets.