Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's okay to be jealous...

The past few days Sam and I have absolutely dominated at the park. We've swung, crawled, strolled, and played in the grass. I only took pictures one day, because I didn't think it was necessary to be psycho and take pictures every time. I try to show some restraint.










I promise he's not picking his nose; he hasn't learned that trick--yet. He's shoving food in his mouth as usual.

You may have noticed this toy in one of the pictures. I'm pretty sure I had one of these myself when I was little. MP and Joe bought one for Sam, and he loves it. I went and got one for our house--best $6.00 toy ever. He loves to organize and stack things.

As for walking and talking, I don't really know what to count. He can stand on his own, but when he realizes he's doing it, he quickly plops down. It's as if he thinks, "Wait a minute, I don't know what I'm doing." He can walk around anything as long as he can hold onto something, and he can stumble from one piece of furniture to the next, but that's about it for now. I'm pretty close to deciding that his first word is "Mama." He's been babbling it for awhile now, but I think he's just now putting 2 and 2 together and realizing that I'm "Mama." I may regret that. I remember my own mother getting so exasperated with us for yelling for her from across the house.

Mmmmmoooommmmmm!

So that's where we are at 11 months. I turn 30 next week, but I think I may freak out more when Sam turns 1.

2 comments:

The Trustys said...

Yeah - that toy is a favorite in our house too. Morgan actually prefers the one with wooden rings b/c they make a good noise when she bangs them on our tile kitchen floor. It's down to 2 rings though. She hides them in strange places and we think she's "hidden" a few of them in the trash can... She's seriously played with that thing since she was 5 months old and still loves it!

Ryan, Reed, and Pearce Toms said...

So cute! Loved seeing y'all at DRock's wedding. We will have to get together for some play dates once Pearce gets a little bigger and can hang with the Sam Man!