Monday, May 4, 2009

You should be jealous...

Yep, I said it...you should be jealous. I had probably the best birthday of my life. So far, 30 is pretty good if you ask me. I'll elaborate.

My 30th birthday was last Thursday, April 30. All Anthony would tell me is that he had lots of surprises in store for me and that we would go out to eat on Friday.

Birthday present #1--Thursday morning I woke up, and Anthony told me to go back to bed. He got Sam ready and dropped him off at his grandmother's for the day. Awesome.

Birthday present #2--I was told the only thing I had to do before meeting him for lunch was to go and get a mani/pedi. There was no need for him to tell me twice. Fantabulous.

Birthday present #3--Lunch with the hubby at Bon Ami, a favorite lunch locale. Fabulous.

Birthday present #4--Gift certificates to my two favorite stores--Banana Republic and Anthropologie. Wonderful.

Birthday present #5--I'm told to be at Trio for an hour-long massage. Excellent.

Birthday present #6--Drinks at Bravo sans child. Lovely.

So that was Thursday. Pretty good, huh? I'm not finished yet.

(Ooooh! I almost forgot--Anthony had a maid come and clean our house. I love him.)

Friday I knew we were going out for dinner, but he refused to tell me where. I got ready, and we loaded Sam into the car for the usual drop-off at his grandparents. When we arrived at the Shermans' house, we got out to deliver Sam. I walked in the door to a resounding, "SURPRISE!"

Needless to say, I was floored. Everyone kept asking all night long, but I honestly had no idea. Almost all of my nearest and dearest were there--college friends, bookclub buddies, our regular "Jackson crowd," and most awesome of all, my parents. We had such a good time.

I must give a humongous thank you shout-out to my sweet, thoughtful husband. He's come such a long way since he thought an appropriate Valentine's Day was spent watching Wrestlemania Valentine's Day Massacre at the frat house. (And no, I'm not making that up.) It was easily the best birthday I've ever had.

I also want to say that if you think you have the best in-laws in the world, you're wrong. Sorry. I won that prize 4 years ago when I married Anthony. I know that the birthday party was his idea, but I also know who cooked all the food, decorated, and went to all extremes to make it a night to remember. I am soooooo fortunate. Thanks MP and Joe.

For all of you who came--thanks so much. It meant the world to me.

The final damage by the numbers:

4 1/2 cases of beer
1 case of wine
1/5 of bourbon
18 thank-you notes
1 adorable baby
1 wonderful husband
2 loving parents
2 fantastic in-laws
A plethora of friends
30 years of memories
A ton of fun


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: 30th birthday
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

8 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

happy birthday!!!! so glad you had a great one - you deserve it!

ps- could you have anthony call chad and give him some tips? my 30th will be in january... =) here's hoping for a card! ha

The Bonds Family said...

Sweet, sweet, husband! Next time you see his parents high five them for me cause they did a great job raising him. Happy Birthday!!!!

Laura @ Our Messy Messy Life said...

Fun!!! And yes, I am jealous!!

Unknown said...

Ok, I'm jealous. That's the best bday ever.

Happy 30th!

theelliottfamily said...

I can't even believe what I just read. I think you are lying, nonetheless, I just copied it and emailed it to my husband. While I am two years past 30, not a bad idea for 33:)

The Trustys said...

I sort of hate you right now. My 30th is later this month, and I can assure you I will get none of the aforementioned birthday surprises. Not that my husband isn't WONDERFUL, just not that creative. I'm glad you enjoyed it and happy late birthday!

Anonymous said...

Oi. Parabéns pelo seu excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil. Abração

Ryan, Reed, and Pearce Toms said...

you're right... I'm super jealous :) we need to get together for a play date!!!