Monday, April 6, 2009

If I Were King of the Forest...

We headed to Senatobia for a brief visit this weekend, and on Saturday we took Sam to the Memphis Zoo. In all honesty the kid was more fascinated by all the people than by the animals, but whatever floats his boat, right? He did get a kick out of the pony and the elephant--I think they were easier for him to see. We rounded out our trip with a carousel ride and some lemonade. (For me, not him.) All in all, it was a good day. It certainly won't be our last trip to hang out with quadrupeds. I happen to LOVE the zoo.

Lovin' on the pony

Hangin' with the monkeys

More pony love

At sixty-something years of age, my dad is embracing his inner hippie. He wore a John Lennon t-shirt that says, "Give Peace A Chance." He's a trip.

Just lion around...get it? Lion? I'm hilarious.

0 comments: