Monday, April 20, 2009

Bypass if you're squeamish...

There are lots of things I worried about before I became a mother. One of these things was snot. (Don't say I didn't warn you.)

I always claimed that I didn't want to deal with anybody's snotty nose unless it was my own child's. I should have just shut my mouth, because my kid's fluid isn't any nicer. Sam has a seriously runny nose. He's taking some over the counter stuff, but to no avail. I think he's teething again, but what do I know. Anyway, today was just "one of those days." (That phrase needs to be on a t-shirt for moms.)

Everything was hunky-dory this morning, and he even took a mammoth nap...but when he woke up he was ILL. Nothing made him happy. Sam seldom has days like this, so when he does I'm really thrown for a loop. On top of that, Anthony had meetings and a basketball game tonight, so I was on my own for the majority of his fits. Not fun.

It was 3:30, and I had a long time before bedtime at 7:00. I kept trying to wipe his face off, which only made him madder, which only made him cry more, which only produced more snot.

Ga-ross.

You want to know what's even grosser? Finding his snot on my hand. Yeppers...

Poor guy.

1 comments:

Katie said...

Poor little guy and poor mommy!! Snot and fits are two things that I don't really care for in children! :)