Monday, March 30, 2009

Warning: Small pity party to follow...

So, I've been feeling a little lost lately. It's amazing how much things change when you don't have a "real job." Before I got married, I thought staying home with children was a no-brainer, but when it was time to tell my principal that I wouldn't be returning to Madison Central, I got really choked up. I know I made the right decision--I don't even want to think about my sanity if I were trying to teach Honors English (a state-tested subject,) grade essays and term papers, and be a mother and wife. I know lots of people manage the juggling act and do it well, but I don't think that I would've been one of those super-moms. I'm pretty sure I would have been really scary. This year has been fabulous, and I am beyond lucky to have the opportunity to stay home with Sam while he's young, but sometimes it's hard.

I don't get to hang out with adults all that much, so when I do, I feel like that dog on the Beggin' Strips commercial. You know--this one:







Except I'm like that around people (adults.) It's true. "People!...People! People! People!" I told Anthony that last night, and he laughed at me. I don't think he knows how serious I am.


I'm glad the weather is finally warming up though. With summer just around the corner, Sam and I can get outdoors and actually be around other living human beings. I won't know what to do with myself.

So, if I see you out and about, and my eyes dilate or I get a little too close to you, take it as a compliment...I'm really glad to see you. *Sigh.*






Obligatory Sam shot. He'll always love me even if I become socially incompetent.

6 comments:

Forrest and Elizabeth Williams said...

I hear ya sister. Thanks for being honest and on the 'for real' train. :) We have not lived here a year yet, and still trying to find friends and plamatest to replace our old ones in TX..it's hard I know--my husband is a football, baseball, and powerlifting coach (geez).
But it is a great job--and every time I think I want to go back to work I just look at my son--and say I'm glad I'm the one with him every day all day and not someone else.

Hang in there!
ejwilliams
www.forrestandfamily.blogspot.com

The Segrest Family said...

so great to see y'all tonight! and i agree with all you are saying!!! MOM is the best job and the hardest on the planet!
and i have to say, the banner is awesome - sam is a cutie

Laurin said...

ha ha. You make me laugh. I am working part-time and still kind of feel that way. I thought I would get to hang out with all the other stay-at-home moms but we're all too busy! Who knew?!

Katie said...

I can comment on this. I've taken on way too much responsibility. (I'm famous for that) So I had to get rid of something. No, not Sophie. The blog. It's been deleted. I just can't keep up with it and people keep asking me to update it, so I had to let it go. I've got just a few more important things to do! We'll miss the blogging world! So long! P.S. how do people have 2 kids???

The Bonds Family said...

Allie- I know how you feel. Anytime we have a "grown up" event to attend I tend to get overly excited. It's hard being a stay at home Mommy and yet the best job in the whole world!

Mallorie

Unknown said...

I can't stop watching the movie. I think my total count over the weekend was 5. Pics from the set of New Moon are starting to leak on the internet and it makes me SO HAPPY!!!