Monday, March 23, 2009

Erin Go Bragh!

First of all, Anthony and I want to formally thank the city of Jackson for throwing Sam a fabulous 10-month birthday party.

In all seriousness, we did spend a beautiful day in downtown Jackson celebrating St. Patrick's Day with Sam. Nothing says "I'm Irish" like a kid who's a quarter Lebanese, right? Considering that the parade starts at noon, prime naptime for Sam, he did really well. He took an early nap Saturday morning, but it was only 45 minutes. He usually sleeps 2 hours, so it was a gamble to take him to the parade, but we decided to go for it. You can tell in a lot of the pictures that he's sleepy, but he only cried once towards the end of the afternoon, and that's when we called it a day. Next year we'll hit up the children's and pet parades. If you've never been to the St. Paddy's Day Parade, you should go--it's a lot of fun. And it's great people-watching, too. As a friend of mine said, you'll see "all kinds." She was right.

For the first time ever, I walked away from the afternoon without a single bead or a sunburn. Guess that's what happens when you have a child and have to stay under the building awnings to get some shade.

And yes, I decorated his stroller. I'm a dork.











Sunday we spent another day at the park. It was beautiful, and there were kids everywhere. I'm hoping this weather continues, but it looks like we're in for some rain later this week.






1 comments:

Ryan, Reed, and Pearce Toms said...

HEY! I've got your blog! Love it! Sam is too cute.

Yes, we are nerds for blogging, but it's totally necessary when you become a parent right? I mean we'd be neglecting our children if we didn't :)

You'll have to fill me in on how to do the cute headers! Love them! I'm still a blog virgin....