Monday, March 16, 2009

My husband, Dickie V.

So, most people know that Anthony is a rabid MSU fan. And I don't mean like, "Oh, yeah, we cheer for the Bulldogs." More like a "I might consider selling my first-born child in order to procure a national championship in either baseball, football, or basketball before I meet my maker," kind of way. Well, he wouldn't sell Sam, but short of that--anything goes. It's quite disgusting/charming in its own way. There were many jokes when I was pregnant that we timed Sam's arrival for mid-May because there were few big sporting events that he would have to miss, but I digress.

We got a phone call from our neighbor tonight. This is what I heard:

Anthony: "Hey, Mr. ______."

"Tomorrow night? Sure."

"8:00 would be great. See you then."

I'm getting ready to jump down his throat for accepting a super-late dinner invitation, when he stops me.

Anthony: "You won't believe what Mr. ________ wants."

Me: "It better not be an 8:00 dinner date."

Anthony: "Better--he wants me to come over to discuss the MSU/TN SEC Championship game."

I mean, really? What are they going to do? Break down X's and O's? If anyone else wants Anthony's expertise on a game that has already been played and won, give me a comment. I'll see if he can pencil you in. He might even help you fill out your bracket.

Seriously?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain ma'am.

jgaskin said...

Right there with you...but I might be just as bad. OK, not just as bad because he is pretty serious but I am a bad MSU fan.

McCarra Family said...

Um...I completely understand! My husband is a crazy person when it comes to MSU sports. It just drives me nuts.