Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sam-watch '09

We're nearing the 8-month mark, and there is a huge difference in how active Sam is. He's officially crawling on all fours, although he seems to tire easily and will resort to commando-style crawling. I think it's because he has a lot of weight to haul around. I'm constantly taking things away from him, and for some reason he always goes for things that he shouldn't--like wires and electric sockets. We've already bought the socket covers, and I'm putting them to good use.












He's got mad skills...


He has 7 teeth, and is working on the 8th. 4 on top, 3 and 1/4 on the bottom.


He reaches for us now, which is quite endearing. I've decided that the reason people like being parents is that it's such an ego-boost. Your child always wants you around, and it's good for your sense of importance. It can cause problems when he's perfectly happy playing, and I decide to get up and fold clothes. The second anyone turns away from him he acts as if he's being tortured.


We had to lower the crib a couple of weeks ago because of this:




Can you tell he had just woken up?


Bending over to put him in his crib is not so easy any more. He's also figured out how to sit up on his own, which helps me out a lot. Anthony has gone in to get him in the morning to find him sitting up and clinging to the crib rails as if he's in jail. Let's hope that it's the only time in his life that he looks like he's in the pokey.


We went over to the Herrons the other day, and Sam got to hang out with Hayes McCarra. I didn't have my camera, but Haley did. You can check out Sam with his girlfriend here. She is too cute and sweet, not to mention, light. Holding Sam is like lugging around a couple sacks of potatoes. Holding Hayes is like holding a loaf of bread.


Anthony's great-aunt and uncle came to visit last weekend. Since they live in Germany, I had never met them, and Anthony rarely gets to see them. The Rossie family (Anthony's paternal grandmother) had a miniature family reunion, complete with lots of Lebanese food. We had a good time even though we had to make an early exit because of Sam. I've posted all those pictures in the slide show below.









Lastly, I want to wish the best to Gracie and Bailey Menetre today. They're at the hospital right now, and I know they're ready to meet baby George. We're excited that there will be another little boy for Sam to play with at the tailgate.

1 comments:

Katie said...

I can't believe he's freaking 8 months old. How did that happen? I'm obsessed with the "New Year's Baby" pictures at the top. I show everyone, like he's my child.
Miss you!
Katie