Thursday, January 15, 2009

You so wish you had one...

Yep, that's right...I own a Snuggie. If you're not familiar with this fine product, I'll describe it as a friend of mine described it--it's like a backwards robe...with pockets.

My oh-so-sweet father-in-law has a nickname for me--"TCH," which stands for tired, cold, and hungry. He claims that I am always complaining of one of these problems, and I'm sometimes known for having all three maladies at once. I also love to read, but as the commerical for the Snuggie demonstrates, my blankets always fall down around my shoulders. This is where Joe stepped in. For Christmas, I received a Snuggie as a sort of gag gift. If you know Joe at all, you know that he was immensely pleased with himself. He took on "TCH," and he reduced her to "TH." (I think now that Sam is here, the "T" is here to stay.) Anyway, the Snuggie has been put to good use in our household. I curl up with my heating pad on my back and my Snuggie on my front.

I can be warm and:
1. Answer the phone
2. Read a book
3. Feed my child
4. Look like some sort of Benedictine monk

Laugh all you want, but when it's 18 degrees tonight, you're so going to wish you had my Snuggie.


11 comments:

childsplay said...

What?... now you need to include a picture of YOU wearing your snuggie ... I'm sure there's one out there ...

Laura @ Our Messy Messy Life said...

I second Lizbeth. Your public wants to see you reading in your snuggie. I also really like the woman in the commercial pouring a cup of coffee, so conveniently, in her kitchen.

The Shermans said...

I'll see if I can oblige.

LT (and Max) said...

i've seen this advertise on TV. it looks like a fantastic blanket, HOWEVER, could the commercial be ANY CHEESIER???? it's bad.

maybe i should get one...

Unknown said...

sold.
getting one.

Katie said...

I'm at a loss for words. As I let this news sink in, however, I can honestly say that I'm not THAT surprised. This product was probably made for you. I can just see you wrapped in your snuggie with the cat curled up by your legs. I think I can even picture it 60 years from now...
Love, Katie

jake, rebecca, lilly, and charlie kidder said...

ok. i'm crying. that was HYSTERICAL! you do need a little modeling photo going on though. you should send it into the company, too!

Bryan and Claire Bailey said...

that is hilarious! i have seen the commercial!

The Trustys said...

Allie - I have no words... I make fun of the Snuggie commercials so much, b/c it's ridiculous to me that one wouldn't simply wear a robe. But now that I personally know someone who can testify to it's use, I may have to change my mind...

Katie said...

I just laughed out loud!!! Eugene really wanted to get me one of these, and I told him no. I can't wait to show this to him. My background is from pyzam.com. They have lots of cute ones! Glad you like the header too. I made it in Microsoft Publisher. I just went to some online scrapbooking thing and purchased the cute stuff for like $.99. This may be the longest comment I have ever left on a post.

jgaskin said...

Hey!
I am glad I found you in blogland. Sam is so cute!! I will add you to our blog. I love keeping up with everyone! Hope all is well.