Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm a nerd.

I find it hysterical that I have received the most comments EVER about my Snuggie post. Admit it; you can't believe you actually know someone who uses one. I appreciate all of your responses.

Sorry to disappoint the grandparents, but I don't have new pictures. Actually, I think I do, but I'm too lazy to get my camera right now. I'll try to take care of that tomorrow during Sam's nap. Today's naptime was devoted to watching the premiere of Lost. Anthony thinks the show is beyond weird, so I try to watch it when he's not at home. I like weird stuff, though, so time-traveling islands and smoke monsters are right up my alley.

I missed my old work crew this morning...(after I finished the episode) For the past few years, Thursday mornings at Madison Central were spent discussing Lost. I know--I'm a nerd. Don't feel sorry for me; I have zero problem with it.

I've mentioned before that I'm in a bookclub, (I told you. I'm a nerd.) and one of my friends suggested a book to me. I've posted it at the top of the page with the synopsis beneath it. I'm going to put up what I'm reading at the time, and if you are a reader too, maybe you'll find something you like. I would love some suggestions for reading selections, too, so feel free to comment. I'll try just about anything, but I don't really dig non-fiction. Historical fiction--fine. Non-fiction, not so much.

Sam and I are headed to the library tomorrow. I don't have anything to read now that I've finished Those Who Save Us, and I find it really hard to fall asleep without a reading a few chapters of something. Anyway, I really enjoyed the book. It was way better than what I picked for bookclub. (I won't even talk about that book right now since some of my bookclub peeps read the blog.) Let's just say I was not happy with The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. I'll tell you why after February.

Looks like I won't need my Snuggie tonight. It's finally feeling more like Mississippi again, rather than the bottom of my mother's deep freezer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you read the Twilight series? SO GOOD

Unknown said...

Did you read all 4 of them? I finished 4 this week and now I think I have to start over. I need other book suggestions so I can stop my ridiculous obsession with the Twilight series. And don't think I haven't pre-ordered the special edition of the twilight movie.