Monday, January 24, 2011

I hate January...

It's no secret. I've said it before many, many, times. But I'm trying to have a better attitude about it--really, I am. So I present to you...

The 5 Most Underrated Things About January

1.  It's one month closer to February...which means it's one month closer to March...which means it's one month closer to April.  You get the picture.  Anything that gets me closer to spring is a good thing. 

2.  Plenty of chances for Sam to wear his hat--I love it. 



3.  My mother and mother-in-law both have January birthdays.  I'm definitely happy they were born. 

4.  Forgiving winter clothing.  Bulkier clothes cover up extra Christmas lbs. that have yet to go away. 

5.  Crackling fires and seriously good hot chocolate.  This recipe is absolutely not low-cal, and it does nothing to help with weight loss...but it is delish.

Fluffy Hot Chocolate

  • 8 teaspoons sugar

  • 4 teaspoons baking cocoa

  • 4 cups milk

  • 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


  • In a saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until the marshmallows are melted, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Ladle into mugs. Serves 4.

    (recipe from allrecipes.com-Jo Ann Schimcek)

    0 comments: