Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Monday was awesome...

because I did nothing.  Since most of the state was shut down due to ice and snow, I decided that I could give myself the day off, too.  I got up, showered, and put my pjs back on.  Sam stayed in his pjs all day as well.  I fixed myself coffee, and Sam had breakfast.  And I then proceeded to actually enjoy the day with my two (and 1/2) year-old.  We snuggled, we sat by the fire, we colored, and later that night, I fixed hot chocolate.  It was wonderful. 

I know some of you are probably thinking--"doesn't she do that every day?"  Unfortunately, the answer is no.  As I'm sure many stay-at-home moms can attest, there's a certain amount of guilt (and a little resentment) when someone asks me what I do, and I say, "I'm a stay-at-home-mom."  I know I shouldn't feel guilty, but let's face it--there are a lot of snap judgements made about women who don't "work."  So most days I make sure that I am busy.  And Sam keeps me busy.  However, many times I catch myself running around so much that I don't really get to enjoy being at home with my child.

So Monday I did just that.  And I think I should do it more often. 

2 comments:

Amy said...

I agree with you on the stay at home mom thing. I always feel a little twinge of guilt when I say that I'm home with Jack and no longer working full time.

Laura @ Our Messy Messy Life said...

You should do it more often. This is your life too!

Bood job with your New Year's Resolution. I am ready to read your opinions on life!