Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Communal Cowbell

As many of you know, my husband is a long-suffering, extremely passionate MSU fan.  Some people hunt, some people play music, Anthony follows all things in Maroon and White.  I like to read; Anthony likes to tailgate.  We've followed our dawgs to a College World Series, a Cotton Bowl, and almost every venue in the SEC, among other things.  I've watched him have the time of his life when we win, and I've watched him throw--and break I might add--a cell phone out the window when we lose.  (Which, let's face it...the past few years we've lost a lot.)  This passion could affect Sam in one of two ways:

1.  He'll be just like his father.
2.  He'll resent it and attend school somewhere else out of pure spite.

We attend an Episcopal church.  Before communion, they chime a bell at certain periods when presenting the Eucharist.  When they chimed the bell this past Sunday, Sam very loudly said, "I hear a cowbell."

I'm going with option one. 

3 comments:

Laurin said...

aw, that's really cute... really cute. I bet Anthony was so proud!

Amy said...

Too funny! I bet Anthony was so proud.

The Lively's said...

Love it!! I hope my boys bleed maroon & white too. We're kinda obnoxious ourselves!