Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Seasonal Fatigue Syndrome...

I love summer, really I do.  It's by far one of my favorite seasons.  But every year around this time I start yearning for a cool breeze, some football, and a significant drop in temperature.  And I hate to "story-top" but if you don't live in LA, MS, AL, TN, FL, or GA, you have no idea what hot is.  Don't argue with me, just trust me.  I mean, who in the world enjoys 98 degree heat with 110 degree heat index and humidity that smacks you in the face?  And I realize that as soon as I enjoy a few weeks of winter, I'll be wanting summer back again.  I'm fickle like that.   

Right now we're surviving on popsicles, AC, and mosquito repellent that doesn't always work. 

Get a move on, fall.  I know that you'll drag your feet, and you probably won't show up until November, but I'd appreciate it if you could get us some relief just a tad bit sooner.  

We have had a seriously busy couple of months between moving, a trip to the beach, a fabulous wedding in North Carolina, and a quick trip to Memphis. I'm looking forward to the next few weekends--we have nothing going on, and it will be nice to park on the sofa for a few days.  If you need me, that's where I'll be--with a popsicle. 

0 comments: