Saturday, August 21, 2010

It's Dangerous Being a State Fan...

Remember my son's obsession with cowbells? (See below.)

I always knew that they should probably be classified as weapons.  I fervently believe that they can do just as much damage as nunchucks. We have several bells in our arsenal, and one of them is an actual bell from a cow--that's a story for another day.  Anyway, it's heavy.  A couple of weeks ago, Sam got it down from its spot on the bookshelf and promptly dropped it on his toe.  Cringe.  The toe turned black within an hour or so, and we had the pleasure of heading to the pediatrician's.  Our doc informed me that he could relieve the toe pain by making a small hole in Sam's toenail.  Double-cringe.   I was the lucky lady who got to hold down my child during the process, which actually wasn't that bad.  They used a small cauterization tool, and I'm told it doesn't hurt.  Let's hope so.


Bottom line--watch out for those cowbells.  You can lose a toe.

2 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

bless his sweet precious heart! OUCH!!!!

Unknown said...

Poor baby. So basically, hide the cowbell once baby sadler is born?

Guess who will be 8 months pregnant and drug to Starkville b.c God forbid we miss a home game? That's right.