Sunday, August 22, 2010

Colonel Mustard, in the library, with the candlestick...

I've mentioned before that I'm a part of a bookclub.  I was invited by a friend a couple of years ago, and through this group I've made some amazing friends.  I cannot express how lucky I am to call all of them my friends.  We get together once a month, gossip, imbibe, and discuss the pick of the month.  Good times. 

A few months ago, one of our number mentioned that she had hosted a Murder Mystery Party for some friends, and that it was a lot of fun.  It didn't take long for us to decide that we had to have one ourselves, and that it was a mandatory event for all spouses. 

It wasn't fun.  It was epic--one of the most fun nights I've had in a while, and Anthony enjoyed himself, too.  (So much so that he stayed in bed much longer than I did the next day.) I wish I could give a play-by-play of the night, but I would probably get a lot of people in trouble.  Let's just say there were some people not exactly on their best behavior.

We chose the Jersey/Mafia Wedding kit.  There were gold chains, fedoras, fake earrings, bridesmaids' dresses, terrible suits, and a lot of "bumpits" going on that night.  We even had a wedding cake.  Everyone had his or her own character and script to follow.  It was ridiculously fun.  Again, I would post more pictures, but I value my friends, and I need to protect the innocent.
 

I feel like this pic is safe enough.  From left to right:
Stacy Sultry, Grandma Selma, Gina Giovanni, and Darlene Simpson.  Yes, I'm wearing black gloves. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous right now.