Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ace of Cookies?

First of all, I want to give a shout-out to my MSU bulldogs, who gave a valiant effort against the #1 ranked Gators. Progress, people...I'm seeing lots of progress from those guys.

We've got a busy week at the Sherman house, so get ready for a lot of posts and pictures over the next few days. I'm sure you're sitting on the edge of your seat.

Anyway, earlier this year, I attended a super-fun Viking Cooking Class with mis amigas. We ate, we drank, we conquered--pasta.

Monday I had the pleasure of attending another class, but this time I was solo. The goal? Decorating cookies in honor of Halloween. I had a blast. I love crafty stuff, so this was right up my alley. (No pun intended.) We worked with rolled fondant and royal icing, and my work turned out pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.



Deciding on a plan of attack--this was before I figured out that I needed to pull my hair back.

Hair taken care of--working with some fondant


My witch--isn't she sweet?


Pumpkinhead

The finished product

I have a feeling that my Christmas cookies will be a little more sophisticated this year. My next goal is to round up my husband and some friends for a group cooking class. I can only imagine how that will go.

1 comments:

The Menetres said...

You would reference your "alley" pun!!! hahaha It was great to see yall last weekend. Cute cookies! I wish I had one of them to eat right now!!