Friday, June 12, 2009

Tired...

Sam and I were up a little earlier than usual this morning. We've been trying to make-up a photography session that has been canceled (by the photographer, not us) a total of 4 times. Yes, 4 times. I'm not going to mention names, but let's just say I've asked for a refund.


Ridiculous.

Because we were already up and ready, I decided to grab some coffee and take Sam to the park before it got hot as blazes outside--a difficult feat since it is June in the deep South. I did not expect to be so tired when I got home, nor did I expect the need for both of us to take second baths. Sam discovered sand today--not pretty.

He also discovered that he could crawl/toddle back and forth through an elevated tunnel. Amusing and cute, but his discovery meant that I had to run back and forth from end to end of the tunnel to make sure that he didn't attempt to slide down the fireman's pole on his own. As my father-in-law would say, Sam, "Wore my arse out."

This was my constant view for about 20 minutes this morning. That doesn't sound like a long time, but it is when you're eternally running from one end of a tunnel to the other. I kind of felt like Sisyphus.



Other happenings this week...

Delicious, isn't it? His father fed him this night. You'll have to excuse Sam's Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, one-shouldered-overall look. He lost a button that day.


Has anyone else's child become fascinated with toilet paper? I'm hoping this means he'll be interested in potty-training when the time comes.

0 comments: