Tuesday, June 2, 2009

12 month check-up

We were a little late for our 12-month check-up. Sam's birthday was the 21st, but we didn't have the dreaded shots until yesterday. I think I'm making his daddy take him for shots next time because I'm really tired of being the bad guy. Nothing makes you feel worse than holding down your child while he gets stuck 3 times. No fun whatsoever.

On to his stats:

Sam weighs 26 lbs., and he is 32 1/2 inches long. I don't know what his head circumference is, but the doc says we are above the 95th percentile in every thing. He's not nearly as chunky as he used to be since he's getting so long. It kind of makes me sad. Anyway, at 12 months Sam...

1. Is officially walking. He took his first steps at 11 months and now can walk short distances easily. He still doesn't quite have the confidence to really start tearing it up, though. For that I'm a little thankful.

2. Sleeps through the night. Thank you, Lord! I will kill anyone who ever tries to give me the, "Oh, you have a big baby. That means he'll sleep through the night earlier," line. Bullmalarky. Sam officially slept from 7:00-7:00 on his birthday. That's right; he decided to wait a full calendar year before going all the way through. I can't complain anymore.

3. Has started to dance. One word--hilarious. He basically just bends his knees and bobs up and down, but that's more than most white men will do, so I'm glad. His wife will thank us later.

4. Knows who "Mama" and "Daddy" are, can say and wave "Bye-bye," and says "uh-oh," "ball," and something like "ta-ta." Hearing him say "ball" is pretty funny. It's like he has some strange French accent.

5. Is still completely and utterly fascinated by phones.

So that's where the great Sambino is at a year!

2 comments:

Holder Family said...

I, too, would like to shoot anyone who tells me that big babies will sleep through the night at an early age! We just let Mitchell cry it out on Memorial Day. That was not fun..but, he is sleeping through the night now.

The Menetres said...

Sweet Sam!! I want to see him walk and dance!!