Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pet Peeves and an Anniversary...


I ran to my favorite store of all time, also known as Target, to get a few necessities. Everything was all well and good until I hit the checkout line.

That's when it happened.

I unloaded my things, pushed my buggy up to the debit card processor, and began completing the transaction. There was only one other person in line, and she proceeded to put her things on the conveyor belt and stand approximately 6 inches behind me. Why? First of all, I think it's completely socially awkward to stand that close to a person you don't know. Second of all, I get paranoid that people are trying to see my pin number. Am I the only crazy person in this world who feels this way? (FYI, I also don't understand why people choose the bathroom stall directly next to the one that you are already in when there are a trillion others available.)

On to more important things...

Today is Anthony's and my anniversary. We've already celebrated by heading to San Francisco, so nothing big is on tap for tonight. I did get a small surprise for him/us. (Don't panic, Anthony.)

In honor of our 4 years together, I put together a list of Hollywood marriages that we've already beaten. We're a success story by those people's standards.

1. Brittney Spears and random guy= 55 hours.
2. Rudolph Valentino and Jean Acker=6 hours.
3. Dennis Hopper and Michelle Phillips=8 days.
4. Drew Barrymore and Jeremy Thomas=30 days.
5. Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock=4 months.
6. Carmen Electra and Dennis Rodman=9 days.
7. Nicholas Cage and Lisa Marie Presley=108 days.
8. Jennifer Lopez and Chris Judd= 4 months.
9. Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney=7 months.
10. Chad Michael Murray and Sophia Bush=5 months.


Happy Anniversary! I'm looking forward to breaking more Hollywood records with you. Ben Stiller's parents have been married for 54 years and counting. That sounds much better, don't you think?

1 comments:

Ryan, Reed, and Pearce Toms said...

Happy anniversary! I totally agree with the pet peeves!!!! Why do they get up on top of you in the check out line?? Not OK! Also, you must tell me how to make the cute blog headers...the Toms' blog is seriously slacking compared to yours.