Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I love summer...

Not a whole lot going on at the Sherman abode...I'm still coming down from my birthday high. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, feel free to read my previous post and turn green with envy. Go ahead, I'll wait...

Although we didn't have a lot of excitement this week, it looks like this summer is going to be a good one for us. (Let's hope I'm right.) Sam started swimming lessons last week and L-O-V-E-D it. I thought he'd be clingy, especially since the last time he was in a pool he looked like this:


(I really can't believe my child was ever that chunky. I mean, he's no waif now by any means, but seriously...what a difference.)

He went into the water with no qualms whatsoever, and he grinned from ear to ear. So cute. I don't have pictures yet, but I will very soon.

Other reasons I'm loving the summer:

1. Sam's 1st birthday is coming up. *sniff*
2. We've got a trip to the Beau Rivage, an anniversary trip to San Fransisco, and a trip to the beach on our schedule.
3. Sno-cone stands are officially open, and we all know how I feel about anything with sugar.
4. Sunshine and heat=days spent at the pool
5. A lot of my teacher friends won't be working, so I'll have available pool and lunch partners.
6. I get to see my parents more, and they'll get to see Sam.
7. My summer wardrobe is FAR superior to my winter wardrobe.
8. I love dresses, and the heat means I get to wear tons of them.
9. Backyard cookouts with friends.
10. Have I mentioned our awesome trip schedule?

FYI: If you haven't had We Love Yogurt's Alpine Strawberry Yogurt you are seriously missing out. Delicioso!

3 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

i, too, will make a list for you:
1. i still need to meet sam and hear him laugh.
2. I.LOVE.SUMMERS.TOO.
3. you're cute.

childsplay said...

cute little chubby sam - i love summer too except that i spend most of my time inside in the a/c instead of at the pool or enjoying it - glad you are still enjoying the glow from your bday it sounded like a wonderful time!!

Witcher Family said...

Where is he doing swimming lessons?? I want to get Tripp in them too! Went to the pool today and he LOVED it!!! Too cute!