Monday, October 11, 2010

Sometimes I feel like somebody's watchin' me...

So I may have mentioned that the house we bought last May had been sitting unoccupied for quite a while.  At least it was unoccupied by humans. 

Shortly after moving in, we awoke to the sound of bumps and thumps in the attic.  Quite unnerving at 3:00 in the a.m., let me tell you.  The guy who was working on our house at the time told us that it was probably squirrels or raccoons.  He sprayed some fox urine (yes, you read correctly--I don't know who in the world collects or sells fox urine, but it must be an interesting line of work)  in the eaves of our house, and we didn't have visitors for about 6 weeks. We thought everything was fine.

Then fall actually decided to flirt with the idea of sticking around.  Our furry friend(s?) got cold and  decided to move back in.  Not cool.  They are noisy neighbors, and they never pay rent.  We knew there was no choice but to call....The Critter Catcher.  Yep, that's his title.  Seriously. 

He came and set a  no-kill trap, and the next morning we met our squatter.


She's awfully cute, isn't she?  I was glad to know that The Critter Catcher takes the animals back out into the country and releases them into their natural habitat.  It made me feel better about evicting our raccoon friend. 

1 comments:

Laura @ our messy messy life. said...

Are you serious about that raccoon being cute? They terrify me. They are huge and vicious.