Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Vacation hangover...

We just returned from our annual beach vacay, and contrary to what most people think, we didn't see any evidence of the mess that BP has left in our Gulf Coast.  I know we were lucky, and I'm really glad we were able to truly enjoy the beach.  Let's face it; it may be awhile before we can go back and actually get in the water. 

This was our first week-long vacation with Sam in tow.  I wish you could understand the amount of junk we had in our cars.  (We took two vehicles--my parents went with us.)  Toys, clothes, food, inflatable swimming accessories, bedrails, a potty chair...we looked like the Clampetts.

I had a list a mile long of things to pack for our trip.  Anthony offered to help, but his priorities differ from mine.  While I was finding things to keep a child entertained on a 6-hour long drive, Anthony's mind was on other things.  The first item he packed?  This:

And I'm not kidding.  Not one bit.  It's the very first thing the man put together.  Then he left to go buy cigars.  Sheesh.










The week was fabulous, and overall the weather was great.  Sam was a HUGE fan of the sand, and he preferred to stay on the beach and play in it.  He wasn't too keen on the waves, which is fine by me.  I'm a huge chicken when it comes to the ocean.  I've seen Jaws waaaaayyy too many times. 







Like I said, he loved the sand.  It covered every inch of his body most days. 


Since my parents came with us, we were able to sneak off a couple days and hang out with some friends of ours who were also down for the week.  They had rented a beach house in Grayton, and their house had a private pool.  Before leaving for FL, they spent $9.99 on this:


Best. Purchase. Ever.  That, my friends, is a pool volleyball net.  I'm pretty sure we spent at least 15 hrs. in the water playing volleyball.  We had the absolute best time.  And it's a pretty good workout, too.  Sadly, I am not a good player at all, but I still had a fabulous time.  I highly recommend this purchase at your local Walgreens or CVS. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There's not a chance in hell my kid will have curls and seeing Sam's PRECIOUS curls makes me so jealous!!!!! he is adorbs.

FYI--went to a Miss. State thing last night to hear the new defensive coordinator speak. He is quite easy on the eyes!

Laurin said...

So the gate is a good idea. I didn't think of that. Another friend told me to lock the door from the outside but that just seemed cruel! ha. Then I wouldn't be able to hear him if he woke up in the middle of the night either.... I think I'm being a softy b/c I feel guilty that he's not going to be the baby anymore. I need to get over myself and that would probably help! Thanks for the tips!