Thursday, October 2, 2008

Visit to Mama Rubye and Popi's house

If you don't know me, you don't know that my husband is 1/2 Lebanese. In college he was referred to as the "Lebanese Love Machine." Don't get any ideas--the nickname was sarcastically intended (whatever he may think). Anyway, both of his grandparents are first-generation Lebanese Americans, which makes Sam 1/4 Lebanese. Their heritage is really important to them, and we hope that Sam will grow to appreciate all that it entails. We drove to Greenville, MS, on Saturday so that Sam could hang out with his great-grandparents, and so that Anthony could get his fill of Lebanese food.

If you haven't had kibbi before, I highly recommend it, and Anthony's grandmother, Mama Rubye makes the best. There is also a raw variety that I have dared to eat, and it's really good...you just have to get over the fact that you're eating raw meat. Think of it as steak tartar, and you won't feel so crazy. Everytime I eat it raw I have a small panic attack and imagine that I'm going to get mad cow disease. If I start acting crazy in a few years, you'll know why.


I found this hysterical onesie at cafepress.com, and I had to buy it. If you can't tell, it says "Lebanese Cutie." The website has stuff for just about every nationality under the sun; I was amazed.

I've also posted a slideshow of recent pictures and pictures from that weekend. Sam looks humongous sitting in Mama Rubye's lap. I laugh everytime I look at those pictures. We go for our 4 month check-up tomorrow. Ought to be interesting...











0 comments: