Monday, January 21, 2013

Catching up...

Yes, it's January 14th.  (My mom's birthday, by the way.) I'm behind--as usual. At least it was Jan. 14th when I started this, but my pictures weren't uploading, so...

We had an absolutely fabulous Christmas.  I'm pretty sure I haven't mentioned it, but my parents have moved much closer to us--about 8 miles away--so we didn't really have to travel this year.  We got to spend plenty of time with both sets of grandparents, and we really enjoyed ourselves.  Sam got an obnoxious amount of presents from Santa, us, and his grandparents.  Of course, Alex got his share, although we tried to be sensible since he won't have any memory of it.

A little advice--try very, very, hard to avoid having pictures taken at Bass Pro.  Don't get me wrong, my kid loves going, and it's very cute the way it's set up.  But we waited at least 30 minutes on a random Tuesday night.  Lesson learned.



 Sam was fine with Santa, and Alex seemed to tolerate him pretty well.  Our Santa had a pierced ear.  Not sure if that's North Pole approved.  

 Christmas Eve pics.  Alex is tolerating Sam here...

  Still tolerating...

 Not tolerating.


 My youngest brother with us on Christmas Eve.


The boys waiting to open presents at Papa & Sissy's house.  

 
Christmas morning.  This is Alex's "McKayla Maroney is not impressed" face.


 Dinosaur puzzles and a toolbench.  What every 4-year-old boy wants. 


 

 
 Christmas morning hugs.  My children had on matching pajamas that I made them.  Alex peed all over his.  Typical.


 


 Papa and Sissy gave Sam some straw glasses.  They are excellent for chocolate milk. 

0 comments: