Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Home Sweet Home?

We have exciting news...No, I'm not pregnant--sorry to disappoint.  A few weeks ago we sold our house!  We've now gone through the inspection, and it looks as if everything is going to go through.  We couldn't be more excited or more thankful, especially since the housing market is still in such a quagmire.  We had actually decided to take the sign out of our yard during December, and we thought we'd try again as it got warmer.  Before we put the sign back out, a realtor called us saying that a young couple had seen our house in the fall, and they were interested in taking a look.  We didn't really want to get our hopes up, but they loved it.  Fingers crossed, we will close on April 23rd.

Which brings me to my other exciting news--we think we have found our new home.  We signed a contract yesterday and are now waiting on an inspection on that house.  I am beyond thrilled to (hopefully) have more space.  Since Sam's arrival, space has been at a premium, and we have been in serious need of more storage room.  It's a tiny bit sad, though.  Our current house is where Anthony asked me to marry him, it was our first home, and it's been Sam's only home. I will be a little teary the day we close the doors for the last time.  I have been either completely overwhelmed or so excited I feel I will burst. 




Have I already picked out paint colors? Yes.
Have I already been looking at new furniture? Yes.
Do I have file folders filled with decorating ideas? Yes.

Am I jumping the gun?  Probably.  So pray for my sake and my sanity that this process goes well and works out.  So far, so good. 

3 comments:

Gracie said...

Congrats on the house!!! Where is it? I didn't know he proposed there. How sweet is that?

childsplay said...

oh Alli - now I'm a little sad thinking about everything with our house too and we aren't even moving - we need to talk! (no I'm not pregnant either...) but I haven't talked to you in forever! love, lizbeth

Laurin said...

Congratulations on the house! I hope it all works out.