Thursday, March 11, 2010

"Harry, my hands are freezing."

Salutations from the Rocky Mountain State!  While most of you are enjoying the arrival of spring, we are learning that March does not equal warmth in Aspen, CO.  It was supposed to be about 76 degrees in Memphis yesterday.  Tonight the low here will be 3.  Yes...3. 

We're out for a brief and much-needed visit with my youngest brother.  Boy, talk about a different culture.  This place is beautiful, clean, and ski-obsessed.  The town is so nice you almost feel like you're on a movie set.  We are going for my first attempt at skiing tomorrow morning.  It should be comical to say the least.  I'm sure I'll have lots of funny anecdotes after that experience. 

As for Sam, my parents are keeping him for us.  Of course, the night before we left, he decided that he would get sicker than he's ever been in his short life .  I was up with him literally all night long--I think I got a total of 1 1/2 hours of sleep that night.  High fever, coughing, vomiting...just awful.  We tried to push our flight, but since we couldn't, my parents and older brother graciously took control.  They took him to the pediatrician and he was diagnosed with a double ear infection AND strep throat.  One word--PITIFUL.  Say a prayer that he recovers soon. 

0 comments: