Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Shave and a haircut...

Actually there was no shaving involved--just a haircut. That's right, people. Haircut. After 20 months of sweet, untouched, baby curls, we had to shape things up a tiny bit. To say that I was a little uptight about it is an understatement.




I took Sam to the salon and proceeded to be the over-the-top parent that I always dreaded. I talked to the girl for 10 minutes beforehand to make sure that Sam didn't end up looking like some sort of monk. I did not want monk hair.




I mean, seriously? I don't know anybody that could carry off this look.

I just wanted the tiniest trim so that his curls wouldn't be quite so shagtastic. After conveying that I would go Linda Blair on the stylist if she went too short or gave him monk hair, she started to trim. I must admit, she did a good job.

Sam was pretty good, too. She gave him a sucker, and he was putty in her hands. I have no idea where he gets his penchant for sugar because his father and I are complete health nuts. We certainly don't dig through our pantry and eat baking chocolate chips when there's nothing sweet in the house. Certainly not.

So, I've survived another parenting hurdle. I'm so proud.

1 comments:

Laurin said...

I can't believe you made it 20 months without a cut... his curls are so sweet! If Lennox had the curls I would have waited too.