Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Seriously?

Not a fun week in the Sherman household.  We kicked off Monday with a lovely fever of 102 for the Samster and a nice little ear infection.  Needless to say, he did not attend "school" on Tuesday.  I had high hopes that he would be able to go on Thursday and attend his  Valentine's Party on Friday.  No such luck. 

Homeboy decided to toss, turn, and scream all night long last night--possibly worse than he ever did as a little-bitty-baby.  We chalked it up to heading into the terrible-twos...until we changed his diaper this morning.  In case you mothers (and fathers) out there didn't know,  you can get hand, foot, and mouth disease more than once.  We discovered this lovely bit of info firsthand this morning.  Not cool...not cool at all.  We will have to essentially quarantine the kid for the next few days, which means I may lose my mind.  I may be the only person in America whose kid has gotten this twice. I'm sure I"ll be nominated for Mother of the Year.

On top of all this fun, they are now predicting "White Death '10"  to hit sometime tomorrow or Friday.  I'm all for a good snow, especially since we don't ever see the fluffy stuff, but it's February.  In Mississippi, I think that should count as spring.  Don't you think?

I have no fun news to report.  Sorry to disappoint.  I would appreciate it if anyone has suggestions for keeping my baby comfortable while this stuff runs its course...again. 

I'm off to Lysol my house. 

1 comments:

The Lively's said...

poor thing!! that's something we have never had...but since I just said that we will probably get it tomorrow. BTW, I love reading your blog - you are hilarious!!