Tuesday, December 29, 2009

So I've slacked a little...

and I have a lot of catching up to do.

First of all, Merry Christmas! We have finally recuperated from our trek all over the state of Mississippi, and I must say that Sam performed rather well. Our holiday started in Jackson where we "had Christmas" in two different locations. We then loaded up and drove north to hang out with my family, and we rounded out our tour by spending a night in the Mississippi Delta with Anthony's grandmother.

We managed to make quite a scene at our Christmas Eve service. They were short an usher, so my FIL was asked to fill in. Everything was going well until Joe walked up front to get the collection plates. Sam went ballistic. He started flying down the aisle screaming, "Papa! Papa! Papa!" He then proceeded to help Joe with the rest of his ushering duties. I was really, really, glad that the service was dominated by families with small children.

Check out his knee socks and saddle oxfords. Love them.

What did Sam get for Christmas? I think the better question is what didn't he get. Our house looks like a molded plastic factory exploded, I have a tee pee in my dining room, and books are everywhere. In short, Sam made out like a bandit.

To kick things off, MP and Joe gave Sam a Thomas the Train set Christmas Eve night. I have a feeling that it will be a long-term winner.

The scene at our house Christmas morning. Where am I going to put all this? Santa and his elves must not have thought about storage problems.

Notice the fire on the television set. Anthony personally worked really hard on chopping firewood and keeping us toasty warm Christmas day. He's such an outdoorsman.


He really digs his new wheels...


and his new tee pee...

and his easel...he loves to "color" now--especially with "lello"

and his basketball goal...
and his computer.

I'm happy to report that although he is his father made over, he does still really love books, so there is hope for me yet. He got a ton of "literature," and several of his favorite--Curious George. He is OBSESSED. It's pretty cute.

Next year he will be a huge help with our cookie decorating. His clothing will be protected, too.


Overall, we had a great holiday, and we're fortunate to have such wonderful family near and far. We send love and lots of kisses, along with our hopes for a wonderful 2010!



1 comments:

The Menetres said...

He is so adorable!!! I love his curls and his saddle oxfords!!!!