Thursday, December 10, 2009

Please pick up an angel...

I'm sure many of you know that there are still hundreds of local "angels" who have not been adopted for Christmas. Money is tight, donations are down, and charities are suffering. I cannot imagine waking up on Christmas day, and not actually having Christmas. I was fortunate enough to be born into a family who was financially stable, full of love, and more than generous. Now that I have a child of my own, it hurts my heart even more to see the list of children who may not receive gifts this year. I encourage you to pick up an angel.

http://www.wapt.com/money/21882562/detail.html

This Saturday is the last day to adopt an angel and next Monday, Dec. 14, is the last day to turn in gifts.

Angels can be picked out at Northpark Mall in Ridgeland or the Salvation Army.


People can also adopt an angel online at angel.jcpenney.com.


I went online, typed in my zip, and picked out my angel. Now all I have to do is shop for her and drop it off at the Salvation Army.

0 comments: