Friday, December 19, 2008

Let me explain...

I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the Jib Jab political satires, and you've probably seen the "Elf Yourself" versions, too. While checking out some friends' blogs the other day, I clicked on a link that had a parody of "The Twelve Days of Christmas." Sam was fascinated--completely and totally enthralled. Soooooo, today I decided to give Jib Jab a try in hopes that he would like it just as well. (Of course, I did this while Sam was napping even though I should have been sleeping myself. My bookclub had our Christmas party last night, and I can't say that drinking 3/4ths a bottle of wine by yourself is the smartest idea. My mom is definitely going to have something to say to me when she reads this.) I'm happy to say that it was a success, and I think it's hilarious. Even if no one else thinks it's funny, I know our parents will. (Except for the part when I admitted how much wine I had--sorry mom.) If you're interested, just google Jib Jab, and follow the directions for uploading a picture. It's super easy. They even have different dances your elves can do. I went with the classic, but I had a hard time deciding--the disco and Charleston versions are equally cute. Anyway, Merry Christmas!

0 comments: