Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I realize that I'm ridiculous...

I know what you're thinking..."Why does this girl have New Year's paraphanalia up when it's one day away?" I give you 3 reasons:


1. I had cute pics of Sam and that's pretty much all it takes for me to do something like this. There is, however, a purpose. We gave our parents calendars for Christmas. Each month we're sending them pictures to put on their calendars so that they will always have current pictures of Sam while also having a growth chart of sorts. Guess which pictures are going in the January slots.


2. I plan on leaving this up throughout January. It is the first month of 2009.


3. I'm a former teacher, and things like this give me a pleasure I can't explain.


On to the massive Christmas update...


How was Sam's first Christmas? Suffice it to say that he received every single toy that is 6 months and up, and then we topped it off with a few more that he won't use for months. (maybe years) We had way more fun than he did, but I guess that's okay. We now need a new house with 4 more bedrooms so that we can store all of his loot. Would anybody like to buy our house for way more than we paid for it? I'm kidding...sort of.



We spent Christmas in Jackson this year, and it was really nice. My parents and older brother came down Christmas Eve, so we had a house full on Christmas day. It seems as though Sam really digs his super-cool new ride:





A souped up little red wagon.

This isn't the little red wagon like I had when I was little. It has seat backs, seatbelts, and the all-so-important, sippy cup holder. Give Sam a ring on his new Fisher Price phone, and he'll swing by and pick you up.


If a wagon wasn't enough, he also got this:





He'll whip this out when he really wants to impress the pre-school crowd. However, all he wants to do with it now is this:






The reason you buy a tricycle is to play with the pedals, right?

Other pictures from the day...


We went to Greenville on Sunday and visited Mama Rubye and more of Anthony's family. I also included those pictures on the slide show.


What did I get for Christmas?


Wii-knee.


That's right, I got a Wii and a Wii fit. I was so surprised; I mentioned one day forever ago that I thought they were neat, and Anthony actually remembered. I absolutely love it, especially the Wii fit. I've done the yoga and the balance games so much that I'm physically sore, but I guess that's kind of the point. I hope to sport a rockin' six-pack by spring. Don't hold your breath, though.


Anthony is enjoying it just as much as I am. As a matter of fact, he's played at least 18 holes of golf as I've typed this.


More Sam updates later...he's done too much lately to write in one post.

3 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

i just love sam. and i don't think you're crazy. i think you should be allowed to keep up that cute header as long as you want! precious.

Unknown said...

this is a tomlinson overhaul, i know, but i wanted to say i loved everything about this post. i don't know why. i laughed throughout the entire thing. i would like to squeeze sam, please.

ps - there is a guy on TV that looks like blake. have you seen him? i don't know what show, so don't ask. Does blake still have longer hair than me? If so, these two are twins.

Happy 2009.

The Shermans said...

Yes, Blake still has long hair. He keeps claming that he's about to cut it, but that has been going on for months. It's not the show, Supernatural, is it? I kind of think he looks like a guy on that show.