Thursday, September 25, 2008

Busy, busy, week

The past week or so has been really busy at our household, and I haven't had a chance to update the blog. I'm sure some of you are sitting on pins and needles, right?

Last week we had the Viking golf tournament, and this week Sam had his 4 month pictures taken by Alison Muirhead, and we were supposed to have his 4 month checkup today. However, yesterday he developed a fever, so we took him to the doctor. Unfortunately, Sam is sick for the first time; it was really sad yesterday. Cranky, cranky, cranky...fever of 102, and a refusal to be put down. He's apparently developed the first (of many, I'm sure) ear infections. He's feeling much better this morning. The fever is down, and so far I'm allowed to put him down on his own.

As I mentioned earlier, last week was all about the Viking golf tournament. We spent several days going out there, and it was a lot of fun. I hate watching golf--I think it's the equivalent of watching grass grow, but when your father-in-law can get you into the air-conditioned, catered hospitality tent, I'm all about it. Seriously, even if you don't like golf, it's a really neat event-especially the cooking demonstrations. I got to watch Guy Fieri and Cat Cora, and then Joe introduced us to them after the demos. It really was pretty fun. Sam enjoyed the hospitality tent, also, and I know that his grandparents loved showing him off. I've attached pictures above.

Apparently, Sam got hungry by the end of the day, so he decided to eat the Culinary Institute brochure.

2 things:

Number 1--the pictures of me in the orange dress-I know I look huge; I swear I've lost my baby weight. No really, I swear.

Number 2--The Office starts tonight...Yay! I love Jim Halpert.

0 comments: