Monday, July 8, 2013

Sam's birthday...

Sam's birthday was May 21, and he had a Superhero-themed party.  If we're being really specific, he had an "Avengers" birthday party.  Lately, Sam has gotten very specific with his superheroes.  I guess 5 is when all that kicks in.


I tried not to get too carried away, so I hit up the Dollar Tree and used my at home printer for the majority of my decorations.  I did, however, lose my mind and decide to make my own favors.  I had already made Sam a cape out of red satin last year.  I made felt capes in blue for the boys, and I made hot pink ones for the girls.  By using felt, all I had to sew was the lightening bolts and the velcro.  No hemming, nothing.  It was fairly easy, just time-consuming.  Next time I'll start earlier than 2 weeks before a party.

 I did make a photo-op background using a plastic table cloth from the DT, posterboard, and printables.


 Super-Sam 


 Super-family



 Caped crusader



 Blowing out his candles.




A teensy bit disappointed in his cake.  For as much as you pay for a boutique cake, I think there should be a little more effort.  Call me crazy.





He had a great day.  So did we. 

0 comments: