Saturday, April 20, 2013

St. Paddy's Parade....

One of our favorite days in Jackson is parade day.  We have a great place to hang with friends and family, and Sam loves to go. 
 
Until this year. 
 
The parade has grown so much, and people are coming out of the woodwork.  We have been watching it from the same place for years, but now others are setting up massive tents that block the sidewalks and make it almost impossible to get by.  Anthony had to basically push his way through someone's tent just to get Sam a decent vantage point.  Keep in mind we got there an  1 1/2 before parade start, and we had a 1-year-old with us.  It was stressful. 
 
And I didn't get to see a single thing.  Alex was getting knocked around so much because of the crowds; I finally just strolled him down to the Catholic Church and sat on a park bench so that he could catch a nap.  I was really frustrated.  Maybe I'm just getting old an impatient.  Regardless, we're going to have to move next year, which makes me sad, but I'll live.   
 
Even Sam gave up about halfway through.  He had a ton of beads, so he turned around to Anthony and said, "I'm done."  Anthony took him at his word, came and got me, and we headed out.  I'll say this, it was a GORGEOUS day. 
 
 
Pre-nap

 
During nap

 
Sam was excited that he got to wear an ugly "Incredible Hulk" t-shirt, rather than something I appliqued. 

 

 



0 comments: