Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Weekend Review...

Sam started t-ball this weekend.  One word--hilarious.  I'm pretty sure that I had more fun watching than he had playing, so it was a win-win.  Or as Michael Scott would say, "Win, win, win." 

And Lord, did I ever have flashbacks.  How many summers did I spend at ballparks around the state watching my little brother play ball?  I think the only time I wasn't at a ballpark was the one week hiatus I got each summer for cheerleading camp. 

I'm also pretty sure I ran into everyone I knew in college.  It's still bizarre to me to see people I hung out with at a frat house coaching their children in t-ball.  Throwing multiple beer cans on the ground for your pledges to clean up later doesn't exactly conjure images of a sweet and patient coach, but I guess that just goes to show you how much people change.  Too funny.



My child was the only one who absolutely could not keep his shirt tucked in.  And is anyone surprised that he's on a team (coached by 2 MSU alums) that wears maroon?  I think not.  They swear it was just luck of the draw, but I don't believe it for a second. 






Pretty sure the fastest he ever ran was when they were headed to the dugout. 


The good news is that he seems much more adept at baseball than he was at soccer.  He did run towards 3rd instead of 1st at least twice but so did everyone else. 


Alex was super-concerned.


Post-game celebratory icee.  Did we win?  I have no idea.  For that matter, I don't think anyone knew. 


After the game, we dropped the babies off with my in-laws and headed to Greenwood.  A friend of ours was turning 30, and her husband & sister had coordinated a group cooking lesson at Viking.  We had a great time.  After the class, we bellied up to the bar at the Alluvian.  I highly suggest this if you're looking for a quick getaway.  We had a good time...a very good time. 

We got home Sunday and went to pick up the kids.  This is what we were greeted with. 


Yep, that's a toilet.  While we were gone, Sam decided to perform a little experiment on my in-laws' guest bathroom toilet.  Let's just say it involved a lot of toilet paper and a tennis ball. 

0 comments: