Friday, April 13, 2012

Eventually....

I will blog about my life in a somewhat timely manner.  Until then, I guess I'll continue to post randomly, about random events, in random order.  You get the point. 


Oh, Fireman Sam.  When will my child get over his obsession fascination with all things firefighting?  It's seriously out of control.  This has been going on for almost 2 years, people.  And he's never wavered.  Not for one second.  We have every firefighting book ever written.  We have to ride by fire stations constantly.  He's on a first name basis with Captain Bradley. (I kid you not.) 

Well, apparently it had been a busy day at the fire station.

I have convinced him to have a dinosaur themed b-day party.  His response--"Okay, Mom. I'll have two birthday cakes.  One with firefighters and one with dinosaurs."

And Alex...my sweet, sweet, baby.  Sam always gravitates towards men, but this little guy loves his mama.  I'm taking advantage while my celebrity status still holds water. 



I call this "What you talkin' about, Willis?" 
Sam NEVER sucked his thumb, and he never liked a paci.  This kid will take down his thumb like it's covered in sugar.  He looks as if  he's been caught doing something bad. 


And his hair.  When it's freshly washed, he looks like a little baby chick. I love it. 

Easter

For the first time since we've been married we decided to head to Senatobia for Easter.  The Easter bunny followed us there, and thankfully, he realized that Sam and Alex's parents are totally over having to sneak crappy toys and gizmos into the garbage/recycling bin when the boys aren't looking. 

Sweet bunny.  He's so thoughtful. 

Instead, he brought Sambo and Alex books.  A little candy, but lots of books.  That bunny knows me
so well.


                                                




Yes, Sam has on a smocked outfit.  Yes, he'll be 4 next month.  Yes, I know it's the last year I can get away with it.  (And yes, he was adorable.)





The following are all what I like to call, "Awkward Family Photos."  It's hard to look cute when you're holding a drooling baby and wrangling an almost 4 year old.  It's the best we could do. 





Post-Easter ride home

2 comments:

Nancy said...

love the outfits and he's not too old for smocked..also my almost 3 year old grandson has a "fascination" with all thing train that started around his first b'day and has never waned....so much fun to see their personalities develop!!

Unknown said...

Cutest.children.ever