Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lately...

We've been really busy. 
Soccer is finished. I can't say that Sam really got the knack of it, but he's not an overly aggressive kid, and he was one of the few who still wasn't quite four.  We're hoping that he'll understand the game a little more in the fall.  We shall see. 



Favorite part of the day--victory tunnel.




Trophy presentation.  I still don't really get the whole, "Every kid gets a trophy" mentality, but whatevever.  He would sleep with it if you let him. 

He's started t-ball practice, so that ought to be a hilarious comedy of errors.  I can't wait to watch him run from first to third. Anthony is helping "coach," which is code for "attempting to rein in a bunch of hyperactive 4 and 5 year-olds."  I imagine he's going to need a beer or two after every game.  I would. 

And Alex.  Alex is now 12, almost 13 wks. old.  Of course, I'm having a harder time keeping up with posting pictures of him.  No surprise there.  He's smiling & cooing, and he is a sweet, sweet, baby.  He's finally beginning to work into his own little routine, which is nice.  I am a little thrown off because he doesn't really like to take long naps--just lots of little cat naps.  That makes getting things done around the house a little more complicated, but I keep reminding myself that he's a only a baby for a little while, and I need to enjoy it.  Some days are easier to remember that than others. 

C'est la vie.  

We went for his 2 month check-up a few weeks ago, and he's a big boy.  At 2 months he's in the 90th percentile for weight, 75th for length, and 95th for head circumference.  (We have big noggins.) 



I know the next month or so will be nuts between t-ball, birthdays, crawfish boils, etc., but I sure do love springtime in the South.

1 comments:

Amy said...

I love the soccer pictures! Sam is so cute in his uniform. Good luck with t-ball. We opted out this year. Timing was not good for us.