Thursday, May 6, 2010

Right now....

there is an interesting snapshot of America in my future home.Yes, they are still working on the new house.  And what an interesting "they" indeed.

This morning I walked into my future home to check on the progress. I was greeted by...

2 shirtless men
1 mullet
Several piercings
A plethora of tattoos depicting scantily clad women
1 cockeye
A plumber's crack or two
Lots and lots of cigarettes

I am not making any of this up.  I didn't even have to exaggerate.  God love them, they're working hard, and I'll give them some serious credit--they're polite as can be.

The move-in date has been moved to at least Monday, which probably means more like next Wednesday.  Does anybody out there know if there is a patron saint of carpenters and painters?  I need to put in a prayer or two.   Lizbeth and Laura, I know Marilyn would know the answer to this question. 

4 comments:

childsplay said...

OH Alli - I'll have her look it up for you!!! love you and hope that the new house is fabulous!!!

childsplay said...

OK - her response was to immediately say ---- it's so obviously Joseph...though she doesn't know if it's official or not...

Laura said...

Whenever my parents would build a house or having men working on one before we moved in, my mom would make these "no smoking" and "do not flush trash down the toilet" signs. I thought they were so dumb and embarrassing when I was young, but I would so make those now!

The Shermans said...

I've learned that carpentery patron saints are Joseph and Matthias, and patron saint of painting is Luke. Pray people, pray.