Friday, May 28, 2010

Home Sweet Home...

We're in.  Finally.  The men are still working on converting an extra bedroom, but for the most part, our new home is finally livable.  I'm so happy I could sing, but I'll spare you.  The past few weeks have been incredibly chaotic and stressful, but it was definitely worth it.  It's soooo nice to have plenty of room, a lovely, old, established yard, and neighbors who continue to drop by with welcomes.  I even have some empty cabinets and drawers--seriously shocking.

I've also been asked to "Go to the river" with my worker friend, "Cockeye."  While dressed in his signature jorts and shirtless combo, he asked me my Memorial Day plans. When I made the mistake of saying that we didn't have much in the works, he insisted on my coming to the river with him.  He even told me he'd pick me up.  I'm not exactly sure what river he's talking about--the Pearl?  I didn't really pursue this conversation.    I guess the whole wedding ring thing doesn't serve as a deterrent for him.  Yet another reason why I'll be glad when they're completely through with the house. 

I would attempt to write about everything that's gone on, but it would take me forever. So, here's a summation of what has happened in the past few weeks.


Paint, paint, and lots more paint...Sam turned 2--sniff...Curious George birthday party with family...lots and lots of yard work by my brother and my dad--thanks a bunch, guys...furniture rearranging...more trips to Target than I care to remember...a book club gathering in the new place...several awesome summer evenings on the deck...restocking of the pantry and fridge resulting in astronomical grocery bills...no internet for over a week...a couple of illnesses for Sam and me...a serious lack of sleep...decorating anxiety...

Aren't you glad I refrained from posting about the above nonsense?  You would have been bored to tears--if you already aren't. 

Happy Memorial Day!

0 comments: