Sunday, November 2, 2008

This is the post that never ends...

Brace yourself...we've been very, very, busy the past few days. This may be the longest blog post ever. I'm afraid if I wait to post until later, even more stuff will need to be documented, and then I'll be in a huge, blog, log-jam. Ridiculous, I know. Anyway, I'll try to go in order.

1) Sam has teeth. I've been meaning to post this forever, and I've yet to catch a picture of them, but they are definitely present. His two lower central incisors popped up about 3 weeks ago. It's pretty cute.

2) Hoppy Halloween! Sam was a super-cute frog. We took Sam to Starkville this weekend for his first MSU game, so Halloween was spent in "Vegas." Since he's way too young to trick-or-treat, we strolled him around campus in his costume. He was getting a lot of looks, that's for sure.










About the pictures of Sam in the tree... (the tree frog, get it?)--I swear, we're holding him there. If you look closely, you can see our hands.
3) As I mentioned earlier, we took Sam to Starkville this weekend. We drove up Friday night, and stayed with Anthony's cousin, George Sherman. For all of you MSU alumni, yes, we stayed with "George Sherman, George Sherman, George Sherman's got you looking good." Or if you prefer, "Get the look, that gets the look." I hope these jingles are now stuck in your head. Anyway, Sam got to hang out with some of his relatives, Marguerite, Olivia, and Joseph Portera. (George's grandchildren)


George, Joseph, Marguerite, Olivia, and Sam. Sam is really interested in Marguerite's biscuit. I don't think anyone is surprised.

4) Gameday--Overall, I think Sam did remarkably well. The only reason we took him in is that we could get into the skybox with Joe and Mary Pryor. That helped matters quite a bit. The constant noise didn't bother him too much, and he even ignored most of the cowbells. The bursts of noise when we actually did something good were probably what scared him most, but he was a trooper. We were able to see one of my Madison Central dance team girls who is now on the team at MSU, and I took a picure of her and Sam. HILARIOUS. He was soooo tired. I love the look on his face:



He looks thrilled, right? Poor thing...Can you tell we got to campus right when he usually naps?
Other pictures from the day:
He was honestly more interested in the band than anything else.
We'll have to time our arrival better next year. I thought he would sleep in his stroller, but I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about. Contrary to the look on his face in half of the pictures, he really didn't fuss.

1 comments:

SugarBritchesMS said...

are those porteras related to the portera who now teaches across the hall from me...? she and her husband are both from greenville. or greenwood. one of those green's.

i'm just wondering when i get to see a pic of the"alliteration sensation" in his favorite hoodie, ha!