Friday, November 28, 2008

Brothers, books, and Bono

So, Laura M. has tagged me with the Kreativ Blogger award...I'm not quite sure what that means exactly; I don't think I'm necessarily a "kreativ" blogger, but whatever. (I appreciate that she thinks so, though.) I'm supposed to write down 6 things that are interesting about myself. If you are a blogstalker like me, you've already seen this post on other people's pages.


I'll have Sam updates, later--I promise.


1. I have two brothers...I know it doesn't sound too interesting, but a lot of people don't know that I have two siblings. I am the middle child, and my older brother is ten years older than I am. My younger brother is five years younger. We are VERY spread out in age. If you're doing the math, my older brother and younger brother are fifteen years apart. Can you imagine being fifteen years old and being told that you have a sibling on the way? One word--embarrassing.


2. I genuinely love sports, especially high school and college events. Given, I didn't have much of a choice with 2 brothers and a father who was a collegiate football player. I also didn't do myself any favors by marrying a complete and total sports freak, but I secretly love the fact that our worlds kind of revolve around sporting schedules. For example:
A) Anthony and I became somewhat of a couple at the 1998 College World Series.
B) Weddings (and a lot of party invites) are scheduled around football, basketball, and baseball games.
C) Saturday mornings are spent in front of ESPN's Gameday inhaling donuts. Saturday afternoons and nights are spent with friends while watching football and inhaling beer.


I would really like to see Oklahoma State win tomorrow night. I love underdogs, and I'm still sad that Texas Tech lost.


3. My husband proposed to me by painting "Will You Marry Me?" on the wall in the house that he had just bought. (We still live in this house.) I'll be sad whenever we do have to move. It's easily one of the sweetest things he's ever done.


4. I absolutely, positively LOVE U2. I've seen them in concert twice, and I hope to see them many more times. (Bono's wife's name is Ali. Coincidence? I think not.)


5. I love film and literature that have science fiction or fantasy elements. Like my friend Katie, I love vampires. (And we both liked them waaaayyyy before Twilight.) I own every season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and every season of Angel. I've read most Harry Potter books at least 5 times each. (I'm not exaggerating.) I've read The Hobbit and the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy, and I adored all of C.S. Lewis when I was little. I also like all of the original Star Wars movies, and I will watch Indiana Jones whenever it's on. The Neverending Story is another favorite, but it scared me to death when I was young. I do like the Twilight books, too.


6. I love to read. The smell of a bookstore is one of my favorite things, and I love the raw sense of promise in every book that I begin. I'm also in a book club. Sounds nerdy, I know, but we have a great time. I was invited by a friend to be a part, and I'm so glad I accepted. We started in May. Each month someone picks a new book, and then we meet to drink wine, eat, and discuss the book. Sometimes more drinking than discussing goes on, but we don't care. I've met so many lovely people that I never would have known, and it's great fun. I highly suggest starting one.


Our book for this month is The Road, by Cormac McCarthy. I'll let you know what I think.


P.S. Go Auburn Tigers and Oklahoma State Cowboys. Like I said, I like the underdogs.


I tag Katie. (maybe you'll feel guilty enough to do this if 2 of us tag you)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wait, what does it mean that you tag me? What do I do???

The Shermans said...

You do the same thing on your blog. List 6 interesting things about yourself. You know you're interesting.