Monday, January 5, 2015

Alex's birthday...

On top of everything else we had going on, we had to squeeze in a birthday party for Alex.  Bless him, he doesn't have the best birthday.  We're contemplating having a half-birthday celebration in the future so that he can truly have a special time all his own.  We shall see!

We had our celebration at my parents' house.  Anthony and I were flying out to Miami the next day, so it made the most sense to have it out there since they were staying with my parents. 

Don't get me wrong, I love those beautiful fondant cakes that everyone seems to get for birthday parties.  BUT, I don't really care for fondant, and they're so bloomin' expensive. The past couple of years, we've just picked up cakes at the grocery store.  They're good, the kids like them, and they're far less expensive.  So...we picked out a Curious George cake for Alex.  It complimented the Mickey Mouse and Sesame Street balloons.  :)

As I said on Facebook, he's one of the loves of my life, hell on wheels, ALL BOY, and free with his kisses.  I don't throw around the word "blessing" lightly, but he is truly a blessing to our family. 

 
Turned out pretty cute, right?

 
The kid loves  a hat. 
 


 
 

 
Super excited to blow out his candles.  He needed help last year.  This year, not so much. 


 
Pros at opening presents.  And Sam had to help, of course.


 
 
Reading with Mimi

0 comments: